Working on Carrion. I have been thinking about the war on drugs as a tyranny.
1. From Old French tyrannie. From Medieval Latin tyrannia. From Latin tyrannus.
2. Arbitrary or unrestrained exercise of power. Despotic abuse of authority.
3. The government or rule of a tyrant or absolute ruler.
4. A state ruled by a tyrant or absolute ruler.
5. Oppressive or unjustly severe government on the part of any ruler.
6. Undue severity or harshness.
It seems to me the war on drugs is an “arbitrary or unrestrained exercise of power” exhibiting an “undue severity or harshness”.